Monday, April 30, 2012

Ottoman Empire

One topic in which greatly interested me about the reading is how overall the Ottoman Empire was run.  To me, it sounds as if this empire was more of like a giant family and everyone cared for one another and looked out for eachother.  Everything was set up and organized prior to there ever being any issues or dilemmas towards the empire.  There was a great system for economy, government, politics, education, families, military, religion and life overall.  I would feel very confident in living if I was apart of the Ottoman Empire.  The Sultan shows a great ideal of leadership towards his people.  Because of this people respected him and looked up to him.  Another topic which interested me from this reading is that Christians, Jews, and Muslims all came together.  Although they all had different beliefs, they respected that and it allowed them to learn more about eachothers different cultures.  This to me shows a great deal of trust and togetherness for this empire.  It takes a lot for a group of such diverse people to come together as one and work as a unified system.  The Ottoman Empire showed through this reading how intelligent they were and how this allowed them to be such a strong dynasty.  I didn't know anything about the Ottoman Empire prior to this reading and I think thats a shame because I think everyone should know about how great this dynasty really was.

No comments:

Post a Comment